Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP)
Learn English and digital skills to further your education, start a new career or get greater independence
What is the AMEP?
The Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP), funded by the Australian Government, gives migrants and refugees the opportunity to improve their language and digital skills to live their best life in Australia.
This is a FREE pathway to further education, a new career, or a chance to transfer existing skills to the Australian workplace.
The AMEP is also an opportunity for you to improve your English language and digital skills to help you communicate with businesses, banks and service providers so you can remain independent.
Learn new skills with our amazing teachers and benefit from free childcare across our colleges.
Our students find there are many reasons to learn English with the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP), including:
- A faster way to settle into life in Australia
- Learning new skills
- The confidence to start work
- Meeting life and work goals
- Making new friends
- Creating a community network
- Getting into further education
Are you eligible?
Which AMEP course?
Everyone has a different settlement journey. That’s why we have designed two AMEP pathways to make sure your learning journey is right for you.
Pre-employment English: is a great course for people who want to improve their English and digital skills to help them find work in Australia.
Social English: focuses on improving everyday language skills to help people settle in their community and access a range of services.
We will assess your English levels when you enrol to decide which stream is most suited to your needs.
What you will learn
The Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) will improve your:
- Language skills, including listening, speaking, reading, writing and numbers
- Digital skills, including using an iPad, the internet and social media
- Knowledge of Australian culture and customs
- Conversational skills with people on everyday topics, such as money, housing, work and transport
- Communication skills to enable you to interact with government departments and services
- English for computers and other technology
- Ability to apply for a job and manage a job in English
- English to apply for further study
Is the AMEP a recognised qualification?
All Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) clients are enrolled in accredited courses including the Certificates in Spoken and Written English (CSWE). These nationally recognised qualifications help you learn the skills you need to settle in Australia.
You can find out about the nationally recognised qualifications delivered by Navitas English here.
How to enrol
You can register online today and a member of our team will be in touch to provide you with further information. Remember, we speak your language and can arrange a phone call in the language of your choice. Complete this enquiry form.
Alternatively, call your local college to find out more.
*The Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) is funded by the Australian Government.
Contact your local college to find out how we can help you study online.