Smart, Skilled, Hired Youth Employment Referrals
Welcome to the Smart, Skilled, Hired Youth Employment
Youth Employment Program
Navitas English is delivering the New South Wales Government’s youth employment program Smart, Skilled & Hired in the western Sydney region.
The free service guides participants aged 15-24 to job-readiness through tailored personal assistance. This is a program designed to remove barriers to job success through training, work experience and connections to community services.
Obstacles to participants’ progress into work may include lifestyle issues, lack of transport, incomplete education, childcare needs, disability and mental health.
Access to our free service is available for those who:
- Are aged 15-24 at the time of registration
- Have completed Year 10 or turned 17 years of age, whichever comes first
- Are an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder (including refugee and humanitarian visa categories*) or are a New Zealand citizen
- Are not registered with a Commonwealth employment service program.
* If you are unsure about eligibility, please call us on 0477 724 659 for more details.
Sustainable employment is the goal of the Smart, Skilled & Hired Youth Employment. We start by establishing trusted connections with those who are seeking assistance.
Engaging youth in the program begins with an informal conversation in a setting where the participant feels comfortable, such as a local café. Alternatively, meetings can take place at Navitas English premises across the western Sydney region.
Our professional staff then work with participants to assess their skills and interests and set job goals.
An individual plan is developed for each participant, which may include some or all of the following:
- Overcoming employment obstacles
- Connecting participants with other community services
- Identifying training gaps
- Finding local work experience
- Delivering job-readiness skills training
- Linking to local job opportunities
- Supporting participants after they find employment
Because each case is different, please get in touch to discuss how we can help your client. Please call or email us to get the ball rolling.
Text or call: 0477 724 659
Navitas English has well-established community networks with employers, trainers, health and support services in the western Sydney region.