Skills for Education & Employment - SEE
What is the Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) program?
The Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) program provides eligible job seekers with up to 800 hours of free* accredited training to improve their access to successful employment and further education.
The SEE program is funded by the Australian Government and is designed to improve the employability of eligible job seekers through developing and strengthening their language, literacy and numeracy skills. The aim of the course is for job seekers to be job-ready.
Why participate in the SEE program?
- SEE training is practical, flexible and focused on your needs and goals.
- SEE training is focused on building skills for employment.
- You can study full-time (up to 25 hours per week) or part-time (minimum 10 hours per week).
- SEE training is targeted to your level of ability, with three streams available: initial, basic and advanced.
- On successful achievement of assessments, students receive a nationally recognised award.
What kinds of things will I study?
The Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) program allows students to focus on building knowledge and skills in areas such as:
- resumes, job applications and job interviews
- writing skills
- communication in the workplace
- literacy and numeracy
- computer skills
- spoken English
- business/workplace English
- employment training
Training is developed based on the requirements and expectations of employers, in preparation for entry to the workforce. Selected courses contain a work experience placement.
Find out more
Study with us
To enrol in the Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) program, you will need to meet the eligibility criteria set out by the Australian Government. You will also need a valid referral from Centrelink or your Employment Services Provider.
Find out more about how the referral and enrolment process works.
*Eligibility criteria apply.
*The Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) program is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.