Looking for work? See our top 5 tips to help you with your job search
Are you currently looking for a job and struggling to find something suitable to you? We have put together five top tips to help you maximise your time better while finding the right job for you.
- Adapt your resume and cover letter to fit the job you are applying for: Use the words from the job description in your application and state why you are suitable for the role.
- Network: Many people find employment through people they know. Tell your friends and family that you are looking for a job.
- Cold call: Visit, ring or email companies you would like to work for. They don’t always advertise positions, and they may be impressed by your interest and initiative.
- Keep learning: While you are looking for a job, keep studying or do work experience. These are some things that may give you an advantage over other job seekers.
- Stay positive: Remain positive during your job search and maintain your health through exercise and eating well.
For more job search tips, visit the Australian Government website: https://jobsearch.gov.au/