The AMEP (Adult Migrant English Program) gives eligible clients up to 510 hours of free* English language learning. The AMEP aims to improve your language skills, so you are able to study and to manage social and work situations in English.
The right level for you
Our free* English language classes are available at different levels to suit you. After you have registered, we will assess your English language skills. The assessment will help us place you in the correct class: The Preliminary Course in Spoken and Written English (pre-SWE), or the Certificate in Spoken and Written English (CSWE) level I, II or III.
Pathways to work - SLPET
The AMEP also includes the SLPET (Settlement Language Pathways to Employment/Training) program, which, you can access during your free* 510 hours of English, if you are eligible. This will give you extra hours of English classes and may include a work placement, depending on your language level and goals. SLPET is focused on preparing you for the Australian workplace or for further training through building on the English skills you will have learned in your general AMEP classes.
- Pre-SWE course The Preliminary Course in Spoken and Written English
- CSWE certificates Certificate I, II and III in Spoken and Written English
- Other programs Other free* English programs and specialised units, for example:
- Speaking and Pronunciation
- Improve your Listening
- Computing for Beginners
- Communication at Work
- Writing your Resume
- SLPET Program - Settlement Language Pathways to Employment/Training
- SEE program - Skills for Education/Employment
Study with us
Find out how to enrol.
*Eligibility criteria apply. The Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.